Do’s and Don’ts during pregnancy is a sensitive topic and expectant mothers and their families are extra cautious during these months.
It is always advisable to follow everything that your gynecologist / doctor recommends and not to completely depend on any online source for these sensitive information.
Do’s during pregnancy
- Get regular antenatal check-up done
- Eat optimum food during pregnancy that include whole grains, sprouted grams and fermented foods.
- Take Milk, Meat and Eggs in moderate quantities
- Eat recommended vegetables and fruits
- Take iron, Folate and calcium supplements regularly after 14-16 weeks of pregnancy and continue the same during lactation
- Choose foods rich in fiber (fibre 25 g/1000 kcal) like whole grain cereals, pulses and vegetables, to avoid constipation.
- Undergo periodic health check-up for weight gain, blood pressure, anaemia and receive tetanus toxoid immunization.
- Enough physical exercise with adequate rest for 2-3 hrs during the day.
Don’ts during pregnancy
- Avoid superstitions and food taboo.
- Do not use alcohol and tobacco.
- Take medicine when prescribed only.
- Caffeine and alcohol are to be avoided as they cross the placenta and thus affect heart rate and breathing of the baby.
- Pregnant and lactating women should not indiscriminately take any drugs without medical. advice as some of them could be harmful to the fetus / baby.
Do’s and Don’ts during pregnancy should be well managed and with utmost care. As mentioned always follow everything your specialist doctor / gynecologist advice you as Do’s and Don’ts during pregnancy months.